Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beauty And The Beast: Episode 1x06 - Worth (2012)


Created by: Sherri Cooper and Jenifer Levin

Network: The CW

Cast: Kristin Kreuk (1), Jay Ryan (2), Max Brown (3), Austin Basis, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White (4), Sendhil Ramamurthy (5), Nicole Anderson (6), and Rachel Skarsten (7)

Read about 'Saturn Returns' the fifth episode of Beauty And The Beast.



Episode 6 - Worth

Just be honest. I always feel that in any relationship, especially a romantic one, honesty is the best policy. And communication is key. Unfortunately we are all not mind readers. But because we are not mind readers, it is even more important that you tell your loved ones how much you love them. Misunderstanding arise from the lack of proper communication. And that is what this episode's all about. I hate playing guessing games. I dislike not knowing. That is why if I have feelings for someone, and I don't know if that person reciprocates the feelings, I will put myself out there and ask. Although I would very much like the guy to make the first move. 

Anyway, I really dislike Evan. There's something about him I really don't like. It's more than just because he's a possible threat to Vincent and Catherine getting together, but I haven't figured out why yet. Oh and I like the loved-up JT. Plus the fact that he's such a good friend I really would love to see him find love too. 

Also, I was really thrilled to see that it was Rachel Skarsten who plays Brooke (Catherine's dad's fiancĂ©e). You see, besides Beauty And The Beast, I was also hooked onto another series called Flashpoint this year. And Rachel Skarsten plays one of the leads' sister in Flashpoint. And I always love it when I recognise actors from various other movies or television series.

Vincent: You don't have to give me an explanation.
Catherine: So you did see it... Because Vincent it was just a stupid drunken
Vincent: You can kiss whoever you want.
Catherine: No. Yeah. I know that... It's not like we're...
Vincent: No... No it's not. I'm really sorry about dinner...

JT: Is this about her kissing that guy the other night? You were thinking about Catherine and some jerk in a lip lock, adrenaline kicks in, your heart rate increases, long story short, you fugued out because you're jealous.

Vincent: Fugued out?
JT: Fugue. You're up and walking around but its like you got amnesia. 
Vincent: Okay wait. Jealousy cannot cause memory loss, besides I don't have a right to be jealous anyway. 
JT: For your advice, take a chance and tell her how you feel.
Vincent: Okay wait... wait, wait, wait, wait, who are you right now?
JT: Look I know I've been the president of the 'Stay away from Catherine club' but she's only going to wait for you for so long before she moves on.


Rachel Skarsten in Beauty And The Beast.
Catherine: So what do you think?
Tess: It's nice. 
Brooke: It's a lovely shape and it will match the flowers perfectly. It looks like a leprechaun ate too many marshmallows.
Catherine: Yes it does.
Tess: Okay, all of the men coming to your wedding should thank you.
Brooke: Speaking of, your dad said you're bringing a date to dinner tonight.
Catherine: Oh Evan? Oh, he's just that friend I brought to your engagement party.
Tess: Oh ya, that friend that you just kiss sometimes. 
Catherine: He kisses a lot of people.
Brooke: So did your dad.
Catherine: Wow! I really don't need to hear the rest of that paragraph. 
Brooke: Well I'm just saying when the right person comes into your life, people can change.
Catherine: Let's just say that serial dating isn't my only issue.
Brooke: Look, I'm half your dad's age, my parents think I'm crazy, his friends think I'm a gold digger, he has two very opinionated daughters, one of whom is warming up to me like it's the ice age. On the surface there are all these obstacles, but for the right guy, it's worth ignoring them. 

Catherine's Dad: Catherine, have you ever stopped to ask yourself why I didn't tell you about her divorce myself?
Catherine: I am worried about you.
Catherine's Dad: Because no one's worthy in your eyes. Now this judgmental attitude may make you a good cop, but it also makes it very difficult to have a relationship with you.

Catherine: I'm still holding out for Prince Charming.

Daphne: If you're looking for love, take it from me, it never works out. Prince Charming is a liar. 
Catherine: Can't believe the artist died in here. Did you know him? I heard that he was in love with one of the girls.
Daphne: I met him, once or twice. Acted like he was a sensitive artist, but he was in love with a lot of girls. 
Catherine: Really? I heard over at the bar that he applied for an apartment two days ago, wanted to move in with his girlfriend.
Daphne: I hadn't heard that. Excuse me, you know they don't like it when we stay in one place for too long.


"This man, he loved this woman." Yes he did indeed...
Catherine: Nicholas' mum said that his girlfriend broke up with him. Maybe Daphne's just his model.
Vincent: It may have started that way but it became more. Look at the way he captured her, the curve of her back, the softness of her skin. He spent every waking moment painting her. She was in every brush stroke. I know I'm not the detective here, but this man, he loved this woman. Maybe there was someone else, someone who didn't want them to be together.
Catherine: But they weren't together. She said he loved a lot of girls.
Vincent: I find that hard to believe. Maybe she doubted him, the way he felt about her.
Catherine: But if he loved her so much, why did she push him away?
Vincent: She didn't feel worthy.
Catherine: How can you be so sure?
Vincent: Because I know what it feels like.


"Who you are, it makes everything worth it."
Catherine: I waited all night for you.
Vincent: When I left?
Catherine: No, not tonight. When you didn't show up for dinner. But seems like that's what I do the most with my time these days. Wait for the next moment I get to see you. Vincent it never even occurred to me that you didn't know that you are the best thing in my life right now. I guess seeing me kiss another guy doesn't really help my chances. 
Vincent: I don't know how to do this. You know that artist's studio was like six blocks from where I grew up. Being back there, it kinda got me thinking about who I used to be. You know if that Vincent Keller had seen you with another guy he probably would have smacked him square in the mouth.
Catherine: Does it make me a terrible person to admit that I'm glad the thought crossed your mind?
Vincent: Nope. Who I am makes everything seem impossible.
Catherine: No. Who you are, it makes everything worth it. 

My favourite quotes: "Who you are, it makes everything worth it.", "On the surface there are all these obstacles, but for the right guy, it's worth ignoring them.", & "I'm still holding out for Prince Charming."


(1) Kristen Kreuk has acted in the television movie Snow White (2001) and films like Eurotrip (2004), and Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li (2009). She has also acted in television series Edgemont (2001-2005), and played Lana Lang in Smallville (2001-2009).

(2) Jay Ryan has guest starred in television series like Young Hercules, Xena: Warrior Princess, Legend Of The Seeker, and Terra Nova. He played Jack Scully in the Australian television soap Neighbours (2002-2005) and in the New Zealand dramedy Go Girls (2009-2012).

(3) Max Brown was a series regular on the television series The Tudors (2008-2010), and Spooks (2010-2011).

(4) Brian White has acted in films like The Family Stone (2005), Stomp The Yard (2007), The Game Plan (2007), Fighting (2009), and The Cabin In The Woods (2012). He has also guest starred in television shows like The Shield, Football Wives, Moonlight, CSI: Miami, and Body Of Proof. 

(5) Sendhil Ramamurthy is known for playing the role of Mohinder Suresh in the television series Heroes (2006-2010) and has guest starred in shows like Psych, Covert Affairs, CSI: Miami, and The Office. 

(6) Nicole Anderson is known for playing the role of Macy Misa in the television series Jonas L.A. and as Kelly Parker in the series Make It Or Break It. She also guest starred in television shows like Zoey 101, Hannah Montana, Happy Endings, and Ringer. She also acted in the film Mean Girls 2 (2011).

(7) Rachel Skarsten plays the reoccurring role of Natalie Braddock in the fourth season of Flashpoint (2011).


Poster from the website Disney Dreaming & screen grabs from the show

Click here to follow Entitled To Opinion on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment