Sunday, November 4, 2012

Beauty And The Beast: Episode 1x03 - All In (2012)



Created by: Sherri Cooper and Jenifer Levin

Network: The CW

Cast: Kristin Kreuk (1), Jay Ryan (2), Max Brown (3), Austin Basis, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White (4), Sendhil Ramamurthy (5), and Nicole Anderson (6)

Read about 'Proceed With Caution' the second episode of Beauty And The Beast.



Episode 3 - All In

Okay, episode 3 shows more about the growing relationship between Vincent and Catherine. I like that she drags him into helping her on one of her cases and that she helps him remember who he was. The way she calms him down when he’s in beast-mode, it really is very sweet. They even have couple-like fights and conversations. They obviously care a lot about each other. And although they’re not actually together, together, or officially, they sure do act like it. Also, JT gets the funniest lines and dialogue. He is fast becoming my favourite character in the series!


Reminds me of Avatar's "I see you" and also in the storyline
 between Grey Anatomy's Owen Hunt and Cristina Yang.

JT: Do you not have a job? What are you doing here?
Catherine: Okay I know its risky but it’s just I had no other way to reach him, I can’t go to the warehouse, he doesn’t have a phone, no email…
JT: Yeah, no Twitter either. You know why? He can’t have any followers. Everyone needs to believe he’s dead or he will be, for real.
Catherine: Okay it’s just that we said we’d be in touch and I haven’t heard from him in like a week so…
JT: What? He hasn’t called? You know they say that if you haven’t heard from him in 3 days, he’s just not that into you, I’d move on.
Catherine: JT I…
JT: Do you not understand what’s going on here? He’s a genetically engineered killing machine…
Catherine: That is why I’m here. You’re not the only one who worries about him okay. I hadn’t heard from him, I just wanna to make sure that he’s okay.
JT: He’s fine.
Catherine: Okay.
JT: Why are you still standing here? (Catherine grabs a pen and notepad from JT’s pocket)
Catherine: Can you just give this to him?
JT: How are you? You risk this for a ‘How are you?’ Just sign all of our death certificates, ‘How are you?’

JT: So you and Catherine have decided to keep in touch.
Vincent: Carefully.
JT: So now I’m a carrier pigeon passing notes like I’m back in high school. What?
Vincent: Apparently not tonight.
JT: She’s here? So carefully means not careful at all.
Vincent: JT come on.
Catherine: Hey.
Vincent: Hey.
Catherine: I got your note.
JT: What note? You already wrote her back?

There's something sweet, romantic and "old school" about writing notes.

Catherine: You know I think I’ve had unrealistic expectations that you can communicate or be in the outside world.
Vincent: I wish I was Batman too.
Catherine: No I just wish you were a normal guy.
Vincent: Ouch.
Catherine: That was not what I meant.
Vincent: Without all the baggage.
Catherine: Okay what I am trying to say badly is that I get it. In order to be in contact with you it has to be on your terms. It’s just hard. But I’d like to make it work.
Vincent: Then maybe we need to revise the terms, just in case.
Catherine: You wanna help again. Okay here’s one. We can’t go by without one of us reaching out to say ‘I’m still alive’.
Vincent: Fine. But my place, you can’t go there, unless it is a dire emergency.
Catherine: How am I supposed to know what qualifies as a dire emergency?
Vincent: You call me and you ask. Don’t get too excited. It’s only good for 3 more days.
Catherine: Then what happens?
Vincent: Then we play that one by ear.

My favourite line: “I’m not Batman, I don’t watch over the citizens of New York.”

Read about 'Basic Instinct' the fourth episode of Beauty And The Beast.


(1) Kristen Kreuk has acted in the television movie Snow White (2001) and films like Eurotrip (2004), and Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li (2009). She has also acted in television series Edgemont (2001-2005), and played Lana Lang in Smallville (2001-2009).

(2) Jay Ryan has guest starred in television series like Young Hercules, Xena: Warrior Princess, Legend Of The Seeker, and Terra Nova. He played Jack Scully in the Australian television soap Neighbours (2002-2005) and in the New Zealand dramedy Go Girls (2009-2012).

(3) Max Brown was a series regular on the television series The Tudors (2008-2010), and Spooks (2010-2011).

(4) Brian White has acted in films like The Family Stone (2005), Stomp The Yard (2007), The Game Plan (2007), Fighting (2009), and The Cabin In The Woods (2012). He has also guest starred in television shows like The Shield, Football Wives, Moonlight, CSI: Miami, and Body Of Proof. 

(5) Sendhil Ramamurthy is known for playing the role of Mohinder Suresh in the television series Heroes (2006-2010) and has guest starred in shows like Psych, Covert Affairs, CSI: Miami, and The Office. 

(6) Nicole Anderson is known for playing the role of Macy Misa in the television series Jonas L.A. and as Kelly Parker in the series Make It Or Break It. She also guest starred in television shows like Zoey 101, Hannah Montana, Happy Endings, and Ringer. She also acted in the film Mean Girls 2 (2011).


Poster from the website Disney Dreaming & screen grabs from the show

Click here to follow Entitled To Opinion on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment